Home Inspection Services

for Energy Performance Certificates - EPCs - from your local, property professionals

Trading Standards Approved

Which Trusted trader

Accredited with nher


If I have a house with bedsits, must I obtain an EPC for each bedsitting room?

This will depend on the type of tenancy you grant.

Joint and several

If you grant a joint and several tenancy where all the tenants are on one agreement, then, in legal terms, this no different to letting a normal house to a single family. Therefore, one EPC will be required for the whole house.

Individual let rooms

If you let each room individually on separate tenancies, then according to the DCLG guidance, an EPC is not required: "An EPC is only required for a dwelling that is self-contained, meaning that it does not share essential facilities such as a bathroom/shower room, wc or kitchen with any other dwelling, and that it has its own entrance, either from outside or through common parts, that is not through another unit." [Page 10 Energy performance certificates for dwellings in the social and private rented sectors]

Home Inspection Services

Home Inspection Services are a leading property services company now located in Accrington, Hyndburn, in Lancashire.

We write a blog about EPCs and home surveys in Accrington and Rossendale

Areas covered for EPCs


Complaints Policy

Our cookie policy

Any Questions?

Can't find the answers to your questions?

Need to talk to a surveyor?

Ring us on 07954 585337

Send us an Email